“Educating and Connecting the World’s Supply Chain Professionals.”
Message from Brad Struck
Well I cannot believe my tenure as President is over as it went by quickly. Looking back we had some great events with encouraging attendance (George Bush Library Tour, Shippers Breakfast, Pepsico, Aviall, Nebraska Furniture Mart, E Commerce Update, Panama Canal Update, Career development night, US Cold Storage Tour, Kohler Tour) My hope is those who attended learned something and were able to find value in networking with their peers. I want to thank my board who was instrumental in the success. I also want to thank the legacy board members who are always there to offer advice and assistance. I would like to introduce Brent Hudspeth as our new President for next year. I really appreciate Brent’s efforts and commitment to the DFW roundtable. Brent will do a great job! I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer. Although, I am sure many will have trouble finding a time to slow down as our local economy continues to thrive. I wish each of you prosperity and look forward to seeing you at future CSCMP events.
Message from Brent Hudspeth
DFW Roundtable Community:
It is my pleasure to serve as the Roundtable President for our 2014-2015 program year. Our Roundtable serves as the leading North Texas community to support career development, education and networking within the supply chain, logistics, transportation and related fields. We welcome your interest in exploring a broad array of supply chain areas during this coming year—bring your ideas and energy, we will harness it.
Areas where we always welcome input include:
- Speakers: A knowledgeable speaker who can enlighten the group around how a particular company has tackled a key supply chain challenge. This could be integrating business units under a common network, supporting organizational growth, adding or relocating distribution facilities, restructuring transportation providers, global trade compliance, etc.
- Tours: Access to facilities which could serve as informative tour locations—a transportation provider hub, a regional distribution center, e-Commerce fulfillment center, logistical inner workings of a public venue, etc.
- Research: Emerging research around supply chain theories or trends in North Texas
- Students: Bright and motivated students whom our members could help mentor, career path
- Sponsors: Companies which may want to sponsor the Roundtable to increase their visibility within this key audience
Suffice it to say that this is a dynamic time for supply chain professionals in the DFW Metroplex. Not a week goes by without an announcement around a new distribution complex breaking ground, a major manufacturing/distribution/retail company expanding its footprint, or a transportation provider adding to its fleet in our market.
We appreciate your support. Feel free to reach out at any time. Regards, Brent
President, Dallas Fort Worth Roundtable